Job Position: Islamic Studies Instructor during after school hours
Seeking an Islamic Studies Instructor for our organization’s after school program, Lantern AfterSchool (LAS), at the Islamic Circle of Mercer County, Lawrenceville. The program is for children 5 years and older.
Lantern Initiative is an organization dedicated to carrying the Tradition (Sunnah) of our Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) through knowledge (`ilm), worship (`ibadaat), and the betterment of our community at a time when it is most needed. His Tradition is a lantern that casts light on ignorance and darkness — a source of guidance that has been transmitted down from one generation to another through the hearts of students of knowledge. Only in this way can we hope to better enrich our lives in this world and the hereafter. Our Mission is to preserve Islamic values through educational and community-based programs. We aim to develop and foster seekers of sacred knowledge by catering to the various audiences that exist in our community, from the casual learner to the serious student.
- Availability 3 evenings per week (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 5:30pm – 7:30pm)
- Teach Morals and Manners (Akhlaaq wal Aadaab)
- Teach Islamic Beliefs (Aqeedah)
- Teach Prophetic Traditions (Hadith and Sunnah)
- Teach Fiqh (Salah, Wudu, etc.)
- Teach Duas
- Teach Islamic History
Note: Training and a comprehensive curriculum and will be provided to the teacher upon hiring.
- Ability to speak English
- Ability to work with children 5 years and older
- Experience connecting with, motivating, and working well with children in an educational setting
- Be a native English speaker
Salary: Commensurate based on experience and qualifications.
Contact Information: If you are interested and meet the requirements or know someone who might be, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.